For us, sustainability means the combination of long-term oriented economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility.
PrintFab recognises that its activities impact upon the environment both through its routine operations, its interaction with clients, its infrastructural development, and through its influence and effects on the wider community. It acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, protection of the environment at all levels.
We comply fully with environmental legislation and in addition are committed to continued efforts to:
- promote environmental management policies and practices at every level and in every department of the Group
- increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff to minimise waste and pollution, to develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures
- continue to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and to incorporate long term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development.
- continue to encourage and facilitate modes of transport by staff which minimise environmental impact, and to apply environmentally friendly principles to the operation of any owned vehicles
- reduce water consumption promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment
- avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes. Maintain the grounds and buildings in an environmentally sensitive way, having regard to protection of local natural habitats and preservation of biological diversity
- consider environmental factors in respect of the growth of the business, seeking as far as is practical to reduce harmful environmental impacts and to integrate new developments into the local environment
- work with local, national and other agencies as appropriate to promote environmental policies
This policy will be reviewed 12 months following the date of implementation and will be reviewed on the basis of feedback and experience, best practice and changes in legislation.